This blog will be a little bit different from what I usually write about but not entirely. I am very proud of the results of what I did and I would like to share them with you. It is not a secret that I work at Wrocław University of Science and Technology. Apart from my research duties, I also run classes with my students. However, we should start the story from the beginning, that is, in the year 2019. At the dawn of 2019 we had COVID-19 outbreak. It did a lot of change in our lives and daily duties which still ought to be carried out. From the perspective of my university there were a lot of challenges. The lectures could be moved to the digital world pretty easily; however, project or laboratory classes were not that easy to move. They strongly depend on human-to-human interaction, and additionally when you work with hardware, it is even more challenging. What I did and what I will describe below was a way to respond to these difficulties. It involves a lot of hardware and not a small dose of software development.Continue reading
Yes, I am still using the practically obsoleted ST-Link-V1 on a STM32F1 disco board. It still gets the job done but regretfully it is not supported out of the box by IDE I happen to use from time to time.
When I gave a try to the AC6 (SW4STM32) I found out that, to not much of a surprise, the ST-Link-V1 is not supported. Only V2 and V2.1 are supported. Well, I decided to change that unfortunate situation because I have two of the disco boards with this debugger laying around.